Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hedgehog

I let the dogs out for a quick break before trying to sleep again. Puppy went ballistic with barking. Not a good way to make my neighbors happy. I thought maybe one of the kittens snuk out. Nope. It was a hedgehog. Poor thing was scared to death. I got the dogs in and cut up a nice veggie salad with carrots, lettuce and kohlrabi for the critter. I admit I took a few bites of the carrots myself, but he has a full bowl to munch on during the night. I also put out a bowl of water because it is very hot these days. I guess I have one more mouth to feed.

Hedgehogs have a varied diet in the wild. They eat all kind of garden pests. When living near humans they have been known to eat cat food. One of my friends has a family that lives in her yard. They come out every night to munch down on the cat food she puts out for her garden kitties.

Well off to bed. Blaze had better decide to sleep this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment